Monday, April 18, 2011

The Cabrini Project


The Cabrini Project (no pun intended)is a extensive research on the survival of Art within the Cabrini Green community housing. With gentrification underway, so many photographers have made note to take plenty of snap shots during the deconstruction of most of it's public housing buildings. The last one is probably days away from being destroyed. As the curious character I am about urban exploring I have decided to meander what has been left of the neighborhood and get to researching. I had a cop tell me to "be careful" while I walked down Oak St. I didn't even know how to interpret that. This project will most likely take me quite some time as my time is limited with other projects. Here is a picture I took of the all too famous "red light camera's" in Chicago, one of the many City's with the most surveillance in the World. This camera sits on the near corner of the intersection between Division Ave and Halsted Ave. Surrounding it is just some of the accumulated ruble from the building's demolition.

No comments:

Post a Comment